Friday, November 22, 2013

2013/11/21 Chips meet Tubes: World 's First Terahertz Vacuum Amplifier

I just read a very exciting article about DARPA's  Terahertz Electronics (THz) program.  I am interested in pursuing a PhD and I think that I found a program that holds my interest.  Here is an excerpt from the article that can be found by clicking on the link below.  

"The achievement comes from DARPA-funded researchers at Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems, who built the 1 centimeter-wide traveling wave vacuum tube. The vacuum tube power amplifier is only one achievement of the broader THz program, which seeks to develop a variety of breakthrough component and integration technologies necessary to one day build complex THz circuits for communications and sensing."

2013/11/21 Chips meet Tubes: World 's First Terahertz Vacuum Amplifier

No comments:

Post a Comment